Thursday, April 4, 2013

Waiting

To wait.... Webster's defines it as follows:

wait - to stay in place in expectation of.

I am not a patient person. I do not enjoy the act of "waiting." I "wait" on my food to arrive at a restaurant. I anxiously "wait" for packages to come in the mail. I "wait" until the kids to go bed so the hubby and I can have some peace and quiet. But lately, waiting, has taken on a whole new meaning. I am 37 1/2 weeks. In about two more weeks, Rosie will be here, Lord willing. Waiting on her arrival is a combination of anticipation and grief. I want to hold my little girl so badly. I want to smell that new baby smell and swaddle her in the precious blankets we have been given. But I'm afraid. I know I shouldn't be. But I'm human. I'm afraid once I hold her, and breathe in that sweet baby aroma that I'll be smitten and I won't let her go. I'm afraid to wait. Sadly, that is what I/we have been asked to do. To "stay in this place". Pray, friends and family, that we can continue to wait on the Lord, and that in this, He will give us a peace that passes all understanding, as we come down to the last few weeks of this pregnancy.

“I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope. My soul waits for the Lord More than the watchmen for the morning; Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning,” - Psalm 130:5-6

1 comment:

  1. I went to my regular computer just to check - and I saw the series of birds at the top that are part of your blog's design. On the display of your blog on my phone only three of those birds show up and I gasped when I saw them. For so long now that has been God's "hug" -- a reminder to me that everything is going to be alright. They're even mentioned in Bob Marley's "Don't Worry" song. I see them constantly either out in nature, in photographs and even in movies and now on your blog!! Maybe that sounds hokey -- but I really do get such a sense of peace when I see them. I am still praying for you and your family as the day draws closer. I was exactly where you are this time last year and now here we are almost exactly a year later with a baby that is VERY compatible with life although we were told otherwise. I know how hard it is to have hope right now. You fear that the higher you hope the harder the fall if things don't turn out the way you prayed. That's okay. God understands that. That's where I and countless others will step in and hold on tightly to that hope for you! Everything is going to be alright. Don't worry!

    ReplyDelete