Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pregnancy: 28 weeks and Grateful

I am 28 weeks today. Roughly 7 months. If you read up on trisomy 18, you might find that a lot of babies with this fatal chromosome stop growing around this time. I'm not sure why, they just do. Our doctor had told us of this previously, so we were aware. We've been aware for a while that Rosalie could leave us at any time. My prayer is that she won't. That God will allow her to make it to and through delivery so we can hold her and tell her how loved she's been thus far, and how much we will always love her. Today pours out an extra blessing because we have an ultrasound to look forward to in a bit. We are excited to see how much she's grown and just getting another peek at our precious little girl. Trisomy babies normally measure smaller than others, and I have prepared myself for that. I just hope to see a strong heartbeat this morning. As far as my pregnancy has gone, it's been pretty much like any other. She moves around all the time, especially to music, gets hiccups and seems to respond to her brothers and sister's voices! Even though this pregnancy is far from "normal", I/we are so grateful. Grateful for the blessing of another little one. Grateful that God would trust US to go through this trial. Grateful that my God forgives me when I'm crying and full of unbelief. Grateful that my God loves me and knows me and won't leave me alone in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment